We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Kids with food allergies can enjoy Christmas treats too, thanks to this gluten-free, dairy-free, honey cookie recipe for kids. Ideal for the little ones to eat healthy and tasty Christmas cookies.
Zuzana, from the blog 'Beyond gluten', tells us that these honey cookies are typical Christmas sweets in Slovenia, a tradition that is still preserved thanks to the fact that they are "delicious and soft", with a unique flavor.
- ½ cup of rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup xylitol
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix the ground flaxseed with water. Let stand 15 minutes until the mixture is "slimy".
2. Mix the dry ingredients.
3. Melt the shortening and the agave.
Note: If you don't use agave add more water to the ground flaxseed (2 more CDAS).
4. Mix the melted shortening and agave with the mixture of flaxseed, water and vanilla extract.
5. Add the mixture of shortening, linseed and agave to the mixture of dry ingredients, knead with a spoon or by hand. The dough is sticky.
6. Cover the mug with the batter or put it in a plastic bag and store in the fridge until it hardens. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, better if you leave it until the next day.
7. Preheat oven to 300 ° F (150 ° C), prepare pan (grease or use parchment paper).
8. Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ cm.
9. Cut the desired figures, put in the mold.
10. Spread the cookies with jam or beaten egg yolk (with a brush). Garnish with walnut or almonds.
11. Bake until golden brown .. they bake very quickly, about 10 minutes. Cool and eat.
Recipe and image of Zuzana Pinilla
Blog Beyond Gluten
Vegan recipes, gluten free and sugar free.
Contributor to our site
You can read more articles similar to Gluten-free and dairy-free Christmas honey cookies, in the Cookies category on site.