We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The presentation of food is very important when cooking for children, because they tend to get tired quickly of seeing the same dishes. That is why we offer you a different recipe with rice, one of his favorite foods.
With the showy colored rice balls you will get an original look for this dish, which can be served with chicken, fish or vegetable fillets. With curry and beets you will have a very colorful accompaniment.
- 200 gr. round rice
- 1 beet
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- Grated cheese
Tips: This recipe is ideal as a side dish for steaks or vegetables.
1. Put plenty of water to heat over high heat in two saucepans of more or less the same size, and add a little salt to each one.
2. When it starts to boil, add the curry and cumin in one, and the beet, well washed and chopped, and a little white pepper in another. After a few minutes, add the rice
3. Let it cook for about 15 minutes (according to the manufacturer's instructions). When cooked, drain it and remove the beet greens.
4. Put the rice back in the saucepans, and add a little grated cheese to each one, stirring so that it melts and integrates well.
5. Form balls with the rice, with the help of a few tablespoons. You can also cut squares of transparent plastic wrap, add a couple of tablespoons of the rice and close with a knot or a rubber band, so that it is in the shape of a ball. Leave for a while to take shape and remove the paper carefully.
6. Place the balls on the plate, accompanying some steaks, fish, steamed vegetables ... whatever you prefer!
You can read more articles similar to Colored rice balls. Fun recipe for kids, in the category of Rice on site.