We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Like all their dishes, Indian desserts are very rich in flavors and textures, so in Guiainfantil.com We remember the children with a sweet tooth and we bring them the recipe for the quintessential Indian dessert: Gulab Jamun.
The Gulab jamun It is one of the most popular desserts in India and is cooked in two stages: first the milk balls and then the syrup, which gives it its characteristic sweet touch.
- Oil for frying
- 8 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
- A little bit of salt
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 cups of sugar
1. We begin with the preparation of the syrup: We put the water, the cinnamon and the sugar in a pot.
2. When it begins to boil, we lower the temperature and let the water dissolve well. If we want it sweeter, we can add sugar.
3. We remove it from the heat, let it cool a little and add the rose water.
4. Let the syrup rest and start with the milk balls.
5. First, we mix all the dry ingredients of the balls, to later add the butter and form balls with the whole mixture.
6. Add water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the dough is firm but elastic.
7. We put a little oil on our hands and form small balls with our palms. On the other hand we put the oil to fry.
8. When the oil is hot, we put the balls and leave them until they turn golden.
9. We remove them and let them drain the excess oil on a plate with kitchen paper.
10. And finally, we change them to a clean plate and add them in the syrup that we have made previously. To enjoy!
You can read more articles similar to Gulab Jamun. Indian dessert recipes, in the category of Indian Recipes on site.